Task 1. Understand words in different situations
Word study about “advance”and “strike” (individual work)
Judge the different meanings of “advance”or “strike” in the following sentences:
1. The hunter advanced toward the bear carefully.
2. A month has passed but the project has not advanced.
3. He worked so well that his boss advanced him to a higher position.
4. The date of the meeting was advanced form June 10 to June
5. The boy struck the pig with a stick.
6. The workers were striking for higher pay.